FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Europe at war part 1 (Alternative WW2 story)

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

cosmos

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Europe at war part 1 (Alternative WW2 story)

When I tried to set up the countries to create Europe in 1939 2 months ago,
Nothing went as I wanted it to be. I wanted to make it as authentic as possible but I couldn't stop Germany invading Italy and UK invading France.

But now with the latest update that brought more options about diplomacy such as alliance and peace or war I have recreated alternative Europe in 1939 to get the result I wanted to have.

English isn't my first language so please reply if there is something difficult to understand.

The year is 1939 and september 1.

After the first world war and the great depression, the world was scarred.
In Europe, the victors claimed that Austria-Hungary and Germany were responsible for the war. Therefore Austria-Hungary was seperated and Germany was disarmed and locked up like a beast in the cage.

As the time pass by, the evil aroused in Germany, Adolf Hitler. He has been dreaming of the world ruled by the best race which is Aryan. He has plans for Lebensraum and massive genocides to make Europe a 'better' place. When he rose to power he sought for the victims : Austria and Czechoslovakia.
Germany have occupied these neighbors recently and a few days ago, he sent the ultimatum to Poland that says Danzig or war. Now he is on the next step of achieving his great plan.

Benito Mussolini, Duce of Italy is willing to get Mediterranean to his own just like his ancestors did.
Invasion of Albania has been postponed for months due to Vittorio Emanuele III's opposition.

France built Maginot line in 1936 to prevent Germany from invading again.
France is soaked with triumphalism and their weapons are rusty and their strategy and tactics are old.
For them, it seems the generation of war will never change.

In Spain, the royalists won the election in 1931 and the republicans were suppressed.
The civil war could break out anytime.

Poland ignored the ultimatum from German Reich.
World war 2 has begun.

Germany and Soviet Union had a non-aggressive pact (Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact)) in 1939 August 23 for their own opportunities.

Poland is looking for the help from the Great Britain and France but all they do is watching Poland burn and on the western front, there is phoney war going on.
The circumstances are frustrating for Poland. They can do nothing but watching Germany and Soviet Union coming from both sides.

Italy invades Albania.
As Italy occupies Albania, Mussolini takes a glance at Greece and prepares the table.

Poland surrenders on 1939 September 27.
Poland is seperated into half by Germany and Soviet Union.
Polish people do not know that they will be sent to extermination camps in the near future...

Winter war between Finland and Soviet Union breaks out on 1939 November 30.
Soviet Union attacks the Finnish line with 26 infantry divisions and 3,200 tanks, 3,800 aircrafts while Finnish army is composed with only 9 infantry divisions and 33 tanks, 110 aircrafts.
Finland's destiny is at stake.

The phoney war is still going on even after Poland fell.
France is afraid of suffering heavy losses just like they did in the first world war.
Germany took the advantage and launched the operation Weserübung.
According to the operation, German army marches into Northern Europe on 1940 April 9.

Denmark surrendered right after the operation was launched and her territory in Iceland has been occupied by the Great Britain for the benefits of Allied forces.
As Denmark surrenders, German army also land on Norway but the monarch of Norway refuses to surrender and says they will stand and fight until the end.

To be continued.

Ps. Where should I post the part 2? Should I make a new topic?
<<

Some Guy

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:10 am

Re: Europe at war part 1 (Alternative WW2 story)

Great beginning to the story!

I'd prefer if you stay in this topic (just to not clutter up the forum)
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 am

Very cool :) I'll tweet about this.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

cosmos

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:56 pm

I had been looking for this kind of sandbox game. :)
Thanks a lot for the awesome game.

Return to Fiction