I want to do more with Dynasties, help me out here

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:08 pm

I want to do more with Dynasties, help me out here

Hi guys!

So I think after this update rolls out, I'd like to do some more stuff with Dynasties. Right now, they are fun to watch, but do not have a massive impact on the Galaxy. I'd like to make them, and thus the people in them, a bit more epic.

Some thoughts I have already:
* People receive one or more "skill" attributes, which then has an impact on their job performance, and also impacts their likelyhood of being hired. This will be hereditary and impacted by various traits
* Make nepotism much more apparent, and let family members hire relatives who are less qualified
* Implement vendettas and maybe friendly ties between families, and make this impact relationships between empires

My idea here is to create a galaxy where the families actually matter, so that you can have a sphere of influence held by FamilyA, and another by FamilyB, with this being reflected in imperial relationships / alliances. And it should be fun to see who wins, and to follow what Mr. Jugghead FamilyA gets up to, with his 1 skill moronic traits, but still gets pushed up to Planetary Governor status. Or watch the miltary geniuses of FamilyB help drive their empires to success thanks to their hereditary brilliance.

Seems like there's lots of potential here, and I know you guys can be amazingly inspirational, so please hit me with your wildest ideas, praise for the parts of this you like, your most sincere insults and deragotary comments about what you don't like, etc.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Some Guy

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: I want to do more with Dynasties, help me out here

How about a timeline of emperors of an empire? I've always wanted to see who brought their empire to greatness, and who was stupid enough to leave only 1 Star for their people. Would that slow down the game too much?
The Best Emperor!
<<

Christian1223

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:05 pm

If you add governments into the simulation, such as monarchies, more than one person (Most likely 3) could possibly be in power. If each leader is from a different family, and you add in nepostism as you have suggested, than the people in that empire would most likely all consist of those families (of course it could be possible that all of the leaders are of the same family). But if an empire has 3 people in power of all different families and they happen to get in a disagreement which leads to a rebellion or coup, all hell would break loose and each family would be trying to reclaim their own part of the empire. All of the ideas you had were great and could add a whole new depth into the simulation
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Some Guy wrote:How about a timeline of emperors of an empire? I've always wanted to see who brought their empire to greatness, and who was stupid enough to leave only 1 Star for their people. Would that slow down the game too much?

It wouldn't slow down the game, the only concern is that it would make loading/saving more risky (don't get me started). But I agree I definitely want to see this, I can always take shortcuts and just store their names or something.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Christian1223 wrote:If you add governments into the simulation, such as monarchies, more than one person (Most likely 3) could possibly be in power. If each leader is from a different family, and you add in nepostism as you have suggested, than the people in that empire would most likely all consist of those families (of course it could be possible that all of the leaders are of the same family). But if an empire has 3 people in power of all different families and they happen to get in a disagreement which leads to a rebellion or coup, all hell would break loose and each family would be trying to reclaim their own part of the empire. All of the ideas you had were great and could add a whole new depth into the simulation

Yes having internal strife lash out and surface in some interesting way is definitely something I'd love to have. Having different government *types* is a huge step though, I have no idea how I want to do that.
<<

SpiritusLunam777

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:00 pm

You should make an inheritance. So each person has their own wealth as of course you already know, and when they die currently the wealth just is gone. So I propose that when a person dies the closest relative inherits their wealth. Because with out that dynastys just kinda lose their place as one of the top dynasty after the richest person dies. And then you can add in variables like maybe another dynasty has a small chance of stealing another dead persons wealth. Like for example the backstabbing trait. If some one kills another person they have a chance of gaining the persons wealth that they killed. Or a small chance of when a person dies their wealth goes to another dynasty instead of the closest relative. And im not sure if the individuals wealth or dynastys wealth as a whole effects the empire they work for or really side in but it should if it doesn't.

Return to Game discussion