FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tale of the Great Legion pt.1 : World Domination

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Firb

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Tale of the Great Legion pt.1 : World Domination

Earth, 1722th century,

As the natural ressources of the planet are nearly gone and technology is not sufficient to recreate all of them artificialy, human population is higher than ever with more than 28 trilions of individuals and air, as well as water, is so polluted that it cost much to breathe than to eat.
Countries goes to a global war against each other, struggling to get the biggest part of the cake from their neighboors. These wars caused trillions of death, entire countries had been bombed so hard that nothing lives here anymore : the world is soffucating.

In the year 172,613, the Grand Leader of the Dirty Corporation of Korea , Stem Pogoemy, decide to stop this madness once and for all and begin to invade the world to regulate everithing, thinking that these endless fights will cease if the world is united under an unique banner, and after this ultimate war the world
will know peace. His invasion is a succes and in the 1795th century the Dirty Corporation of Korea controls all Asia, Europe and Indonesia, and are already invading Australia. Only a few rebels cities are not yet controlled by the Corporation.

The 13 of may 179,409, Stem Pogoemy dies, and his son, Tveeryvshe Pogoemy, becomes the Grand Leader.
He decides to drasitcaly change the regime : even if he continues to expand the Empire like his father, he renames the Dirty Corporation of Korea as the Great Legion and impose a rude dictatorship with a powerfull military police and little rights to the citizens.

Scared by the idea of being invaded by it, the Discreet Identity of Iqaluit, the Maniacal Hegemony of Yellowknife, the Foundation of Greenland,the Withehorse electorate and the Egypt Regime sign in 182,464 the treaty of Ilinujuja, a coalition to stop the Great Legion.
They manage to stop it's growth and the 184,369 they succeed, for the fist time, to get some lands back.

The great battle of Rapai, in 184,382.

The war is tough, the coalition start to weakens as the Great Legion starts a massive invaion in East Africa, getting the Egypt Regime to defend his land, southern american countries refuse to sign the treaty of Ilinujuja as they're on war with each other and don't really care about the Legion, saying that an empire that big will collide before it gets to America.
The 8 of july 189,996, Rangru Papangradu, the military minister of the Withehorse electorate,overthrows the goverment and invades the Discreet Identity of Iqaluit with the aid of the Low Timocracy of Edmonton.
The invasion is fast, as the major part of the Discreet Identity of Iqaluit's army is on Europe fighting the Great Legion. This attack puts an end to the treaty of Ilinujuja, as every country now stop trusting each other and foreign relations are more tense than ever.

The 21 of september 190,056, Polizvejay Imavilazhe, Arch Priest of the Church of Marmalock, the major religion of the Foundation of Greenland, declare on Tv that Homedur Fave, the Hegemon of Yellowknife, is nothing but a demon and should be punished by the gods.
The Maniacal Hegemony of Yellowknife react violently at these declarations and tensions between the two countries rises at his paroxism, they finally fight each other the 6 of January 190,059 : a short war that will last only four years, because the Maniacal Hegemony of Yellowknife had a poor army,
already weakened by the Europe campaign, while the Foundation of Greenland have fearless soldiers who fights untill their death, not caring about their injuries. The 19 of march 190,063, the Hegemony is beated down.

The Great Legion takes back Western Europe in 193,782 and the biggest part of Africa in 196,369, crushing the Domminion of Uganda and pratically all of the Egypt Regime, only slowed by the Happy Timocracy of Algeria, wich knew this day will come and prepared his army since 183,532.

the Withehorse electorate starts a campaign against the Uptight cult of Colombia in 193.510, but is crushed between the Foundation of Greenland and the Low Timocracy of Edmonton, until the Great Legion takes half of Greenland faster than light in 198.518.
Seeing the Legion just at their door, the Withehorse electorate propose to all american coutries the treaty of Yinagratho the 16 of february 198,519, wich aim to unite all of the American countries, but the Low Timocracy of Edmonton and the Patriarchy of Argentina refuses and
keep fighting against the Withehorse electorate.

The Withehorse electorate and the Foundation of Greenland, knowing that they can't stop the Great Legion with american countries divided, decide the 17 of june 198,536 to unite in one big empire, the American Alliance, hoping to stop the wars in the continent and focus on the invader.

That strategy worked well, the Patriarchy of Argentina decide to sign the treaty of Yinagratho in 198,638, the Low Timocracy of Edmonton, wich continues to fight against the Withehorse electorate's regions of the American Alliance, is crushed in 198,672 and sign the treaty too, after loosing a lot of territories.
The war continues in Greenland, but the Great Legion don't manage to advance in Canada.

The batle of greenland, in 212,624

In 224,122, the Great Legion finaly take control of Greenland, and takes some of the surrounding islands. Seeing it, the Low Timocracy of Edmonton merges with the American Alliance, but the Great Legion is still gaining territories in the Northern islands, and make guerillas in South America wich sometimes
takes whole cities from the Patriarchy of Argentina, like Duounge, the bastion of the Great Legion in South America, wich will stay under their control for milleniums.

Rsagoch koch, Supreme Patriarch of Argentina, says that Shieia Buen, president of the Happy Timocracy of Algeria, betrayed the American nations by letting soldiers of the Great Legion gets in the american ground, and declare war to him the 5 of july 224,313.
The Happy Timocracy of Algeria is nothing but a dream the 12 of july 224,371.

Will the Great Legion dominate the world ? Why the American Alliance don't simply nuke them and dance on they're cadavers in hazmat suits ? How do bananas taste with motor oil ? All these questions will be anwered in the next episode (or maybe the third, I don't have the end yet) !!!
<<

Firb

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Tale of the Great Legion pt.1 : World Domination

Hi, I hope you'll like this story, tell me if the post is too long, so I know for the next one, and the most important : tell me if there is any mistakes in the text, I'me french so my english may be weird ...
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Hey I loved this read, thanks a lot :) I always get inspired to implement more role-playing stuff when I read stories like yours.

Oh - and fantastic use of text color!

There were a couple of typos but unfortunately I am not really bothered by them so I can't point them out :)
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Firb

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks Snodd !!! I have to say this game is very inspiring, just have to let things goes and ideas came out like bullets from an ak-47 !!!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:35 am

Firb wrote:Thanks Snodd !!! I have to say this game is very inspiring, just have to let things goes and ideas came out like bullets from an ak-47 !!!

I am working on fleet support btw, so that ships by default travel together in large groups, rather than go alone. It makes for some pretty epic battles between the bigger factions. And, and those poor poor Dragons don't have it quite so easy any more :( (not to mention Puppet Mistresses).

(now I just have to fix the bug where giant fleets simply meander out into space, never to be seen again)
<<

Firb

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:46 pm

I am working on fleet support btw, so that ships by default travel together in large groups, rather than go alone. It makes for some pretty epic battles between the bigger factions. And, and those poor poor Dragons don't have it quite so easy any more :( (not to mention Puppet Mistresses).

Yeah, this will just be awesome !!! It makes me think that it would be great to have one big fleet or like 2 or 3 escadrons while expanding, with Drop ships staying independents and gaining territories at the borders, and little groups patroling near the border while fortifying, and what I just wrote makes me thinks of having a fleet control panel in emperor mode where you can switch between these ships states, don't know if it's possible but this will be soooo coooool !!!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Firb wrote:

Yeah, this will just be awesome !!! It makes me think that it would be great to have one big fleet or like 2 or 3 escadrons while expanding, with Drop ships staying independents and gaining territories at the borders, and little groups patroling near the border while fortifying, and what I just wrote makes me thinks of having a fleet control panel in emperor mode where you can switch between these ships states, don't know if it's possible but this will be soooo coooool !!!

I'm pretty tempted to completely revamp the whole expansion concept, and add something like tiny ships who are responsible for doing the capturing, rather than it being done automatically. I don't want to throw away all the cool ships I already have, so I suppose they would still stick around, but be so good that they completely bully the other guys around.

But this is a pretty big change, and would change pretty much everything :) Big risk I will implement it, and then just throw it out since I don't like it, or get hundreds of angry reviews because they don't like the change.
<<

Firb

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:38 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:I'm pretty tempted to completely revamp the whole expansion concept, and add something like tiny ships who are responsible for doing the capturing, rather than it being done automatically. I don't want to throw away all the cool ships I already have, so I suppose they would still stick around, but be so good that they completely bully the other guys around.

Wow, it can be awesome to actualy see stars invasions indeed ! I don't know anything about game making (programming is like if chinese and hebreu languages had a son), but won' it be ressource intensive to have all these litlle ships ? Otherwise it would be so cool to curb an empire expansion by sending big ships, and even the concept of seeing fights for stars domination is great !!!

Return to Fiction