FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Show off your map creations!

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Bounceback

Post Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 am

Show off your map creations!

A little hub to fill with your artistic creations.

To start off, a few I've found:

I know I've seen a few other good ones, would love to get a full list going
<<

Suber36g

Post Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:27 am

Re: Show off your map creations!

Is there an holy roman empire one?
If you can read this, you can read English. If you can't read it, you can't read English.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Those are gorgeous!
Can you make the map files available?
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Bounceback

Post Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:Those are gorgeous!

Here you go! http://www.filedropper.com/maps_25 Just unzip and paste the contents into the maps folder
<<

Some Guy

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:52 am

Bounceback wrote:

Here you go! http://www.filedropper.com/maps_25 Just unzip and paste the contents into the maps folder

Wow! Those are some great maps! Good Work! My favorite map is the Pangea one.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Hoyt

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:57 am

I've started working on some maps myself. My first idea was to put in the major landmass that was removed for the earth map in the game. So here is my Antarctica map in action! Sadly, due to the way custom maps work it stretches the map to 1280x720 to match the earth map. This is probably fixable but I don't really know how to code, much less how to decode someone else's work.:lol: Image
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Bounceback wrote:

You're the man! I'll take a look at this later today :)
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Hoyt wrote:I've started working on some maps myself. My first idea was to put in the major landmass that was removed for the earth map in the game. So here is my Antarctica map in action! Sadly, due to the way custom maps work it stretches the map to 1280x720 to match the earth map. This is probably fixable but I don't really know how to code, much less how to decode someone else's work.:lol: Image

Very cool! :)

The easy way to remove the stretch is to make your image 1280x720 and simply add (near) black edges to them to basically "pad" it - problem solved!

Of course the best solution is for me to fix the game to simply use the aspect ratio in the map file instead of this hardcoded value. It may be a trivial fix, or maybe incredibly convoluted :)
<<

Some Guy

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Hoyt wrote:I've started working on some maps myself. Image

Cool? Also what's with that mysterious 7 for the Zvel Division star number? It's floating or something.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Hoyt

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:Very cool! :)

The easy way to remove the stretch is to make your image 1280x720 and simply add (near) black edges to them to basically "pad" it - problem solved!

Of course the best solution is for me to fix the game to simply use the aspect ratio in the map file instead of this hardcoded value. It may be a trivial fix, or maybe incredibly convoluted :)

Unfortunately I tried that solution when I figured out the size that the map was being stretched to. When I did the game was unable to generate stars using my new .bits file. I think I might be running into a similar bug that Bounceback posted about.

Bounceback wrote:Each custom map seems to have a different maximum amount of stars it can handle (the map isn't loaded if a certain number of stars or more is selected). This seems to be linked to how much of a margin (free space inside the picture but to either side of the actual content) each map has. Anyone found a solution to this?

There was one difference between his experience and mine however, when I added blank space on the margin my map would not work with any number of stars that I tried. I tried generating a new .bits file a few times and nothing changed. So I figured for now my map would just need to stay stretched.
Next

Return to Maps and other Mods