FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Galimulator Lorecrafting] The History of the Ulundar Galaxy

Moderator: Some Guy

You may select 1 option

Should I continue this compilation of lore?

View results
<<

Ominethious

Post Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:53 am

[Galimulator Lorecrafting] The History of the Ulundar Galaxy

It was said in a Galaxy known as Ulundar, that many war's plagued every star in it's collective mass. This Galaxy, once barren of life spawned countless fringe races that came from planets baked in fire, doused in acids, and frozen to the core, Ulundar birthed some of the most violent and aggressive races ever to have been observed from afar. Now let the story of this treacherous galaxy begin...

In the begining there had been 3 Civilizations that ascended the Fermi Great Filter. Of these three nations were;

The Cabal of León:The people of this empire look Reptilian in both apearence and biology. Their capitol planet of León is a half swamp, half forested planet filled with biodiverse life. Their Government operates under a Theocracy held under control of an absolute ruler influenced by their religion. While not overtly hostile they seek the glory and gold of Crusades against unbelievers, even if they are a recently peace'd nation.

The Mjak Principality: A race of almost human like beings made of inorganic compounds, and highly advanced machines; They are the practitioners of conquest for resources, and worlds to populate. Their Capitol planet, Illo, is a near inhospitable superplex of cities sprawling continents, and under the planet's surface. The Mjak Principality is very aggressive in it's conquest of foreign peoples, but may see cooperation for a brief period to be of great boon to their empire. Their Government operates on the fundamentals of Fascism. With a select council they vote unanimously for a single minister of the people to act as a face for the Council. Thus, most politics are settled in the background of the public eye.

Lastly is the Niinalam Kingdom: Who were the last of the three to expand beyond their home system. These Aquatic based people were relatively left in the wake of the Mjak and León's rapid expansion. Thus, in the few millennia they held onto their home world of Cauron 1276b6, it was a nearly flooded planet of water which the Niinan's thrived. Most if not all life remained tied to the sea, as there was little to no land for evolution to grab hold on land. Their Kingdom relied on a strong bond to Tradition, and Dynastic leadership. While they expanded quite a fair amount, they hadn't the will to actively become an aggressively expansive empire like that of the Mjak and León. Which unfortunately resulted in their potential as a Galactic Contended diminishing by the generation.

Durring the 5th Millennium much strife from both the Mjak Principality and the Cabal of León decimated the fraile Niinalam Kingdom so much so that they were forced to endure a Great Exodus from Cauron 1276b6 to a far out spiral arm of the Galaxy.

Meanwhile Civilizations of many forms cropped up across the galaxy. One of much Notoriety is the Patriarchy of Gltin, a sprawling nation of semi-robotic worshipers of the wisdom of the sciences. While still governed with Authoritarianism in the back seat, it is made up of a nearly perfect democratic assembly of the wisest of the Gltin. Their home planet of Opolus serves as the scientific, and architectural beauty of their grand democracy. Yet through their zeal they had eliminated and invaded countless empires within their hayday.

Image Over the next 5 millennia The Mjak Principality managed to keep expanding nearly uncontested durring thus period, meanwhile the Cabal of León were facing internal turmoil which resulted in almost no expansion, and infact a reduction in size near the end of the 5th Millennia.

Off on the outer spiral the Niinalam Kingdom had held a firm grasp of it's now secluded region of space, but as a result of the Great Exodus many were not satisfied with the current Dynastic Ruler.

Elsewhere the Patriarchy of Gltin began to pickup spread in their spiral arm. With technology and weapons in hand they saught to carve a much larger space for the Patriarchy of Gltin to reside in.

==============
<[ The story of Ulundar will cease here for now, I would like this to be seen as just a pilot of what I wish to do. So if you happen to enjoy these ramblings of some ol coot from beyond the stars, could ya happen to poll if I should continue?
- Ol Traveling Coot ]>
==============
<<

Some Guy

Post Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:13 am

Re: [Galimulator Lorecrafting] The History of the Ulundar Ga

While this is good, it should of gone in the AAR section, to not clutter up the forums.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Ominethious

Post Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Some Guy wrote:While this is good, it should of gone in the AAR section, to not clutter up the forums.

I just wanted to make a seperate thread for some of the focus to be specifically on this, so I'll do that when I can make more.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi Oniethious, I liked reading this, I always love reading what people make out of this crazy game :) I'd be happy to read more.

Technically the AAR thread is the appropriate place to post this in, but I don't blame you for not making sense of this archaic forum system. Maybe I should make a separate subforum for AAR:s actually. In any case, I may try to move this post to that thread later, if not, just post your follow-ups there.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Rackham

Post Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Meh, I have time to waste, but there isn't a neutral option.
<<

Some Guy

Post Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:49 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:Hi Oniethious, I liked reading this, I always love reading what people make out of this crazy game :) I'd be happy to read more.

Technically the AAR thread is the appropriate place to post this in, but I don't blame you for not making sense of this archaic forum system. Maybe I should make a separate subforum for AAR:s actually. In any case, I may try to move this post to that thread later, if not, just post your follow-ups there.

Actually, a whole subforum for AAR's seems like a good idea! You can't do as much by posting inside a topic as you can by posting A topic
The Best Emperor!
<<

BELG1UM

Post Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:59 am

I'm sorry, but I can't read properly because it too long. :(
Not Belgian
<<

Hereisyoursign

Post Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:58 pm

I kinda want to write my own lore now, maybe we can have a competition to see who can write the best story and snodd can be the judge, something that our little community can do
You have a sign, you get a sign, everyone gets a sign!
<<

Ominethious

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:11 pm

R.I.P Old Galaxy saves

The Ulundar story ends after the Dynasty update :c
<<

Some Guy

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:35 pm

Re: R.I.P Old Galaxy saves

Ominethious wrote:The Ulundar story ends after the Dynasty update :c

Awww...
Well maybe you could start a new, smaller story.
I also moved this post to the preferred topic, as to not clutter the forums.
The Best Emperor!
Next

Return to Fiction