FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Questions for Snodd

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Some Guy

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: Questions for Snodd

Damn, so forumatic is gonna shut down? Shame. Anyways, just moved over to the new forum. Forgot my password, lol. Also can we get a way to go to the forums within the main galimulator tutorial website? And did you update the app so it links it to the new forum page?
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:08 pm

Great to see something posted here :)
Yeah it's a good idea to add a link from the tutorial, and of course I'll change the link in the app, though I don't have an update coming out at least for a couple of weeks ... So I'll just redirect users, once we know this place works.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Nhobody

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:03 am

If I remember correctly, there was an update where you could add a trait to a faction, right? But it seems I still cannot do that. Unless I am mistaken.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:45 am

Hi, no this was never implemented unfortunately.
<<

Hereisyoursign

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:Hi, no this was never implemented unfortunately.

When do you think you could add it in? And what are the limitations?
You have a sign, you get a sign, everyone gets a sign!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:04 am

It should be relatively easy, the tricky part is finding stuff that breaks if you have more than two empire specials, so likely some layout stuff would need to be fixed.

Right now I'm knee deep in performance optimizations. I dare say framerate in the next version will be very much improved on mobile devices, and PC:s can just go crazy with timelapse...
<<

Optometrist_Prime

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:45 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:It should be relatively easy, the tricky part is finding stuff that breaks if you have more than two empire specials, so likely some layout stuff would need to be fixed.

Right now I'm knee deep in performance optimizations. I dare say framerate in the next version will be very much improved on mobile devices, and PC:s can just go crazy with timelapse...

Haha I bet the mobile community would be more happy with that than new features right now, my phone scrapes through 400 stars since wealth and dynasties have been added
I'm not Belgian either
<<

Some Guy

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Snodd, how do you feel to be #131 on Top Free Strategy Games with over 100,000 downloads on Google Play?
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Optometrist_Prime wrote:
Snoddasmannen wrote:It should be relatively easy, the tricky part is finding stuff that breaks if you have more than two empire specials, so likely some layout stuff would need to be fixed.

Haha I bet the mobile community would be more happy with that than new features right now, my phone scrapes through 400 stars since wealth and dynasties have been added

I'll ask the alpha/beta gang to give me a before and after fps numbers. But on my devices, running with all the graphics details on, the framerate has more than doubled in many galaxies. But high risk, in particular of strange things changing in the game that I didn't think of :) Since I had to change some core aspects of it to achieve this.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:22 pm

Some Guy wrote:Snodd, how do you feel to be #131 on Top Free Strategy Games with over 100,000 downloads on Google Play?

Now that is cool :)

I am also #4 top seller overall on itch.io right now, and maybe I'll climb, but it's mostly because of this article:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/1 ... -simulator

For the past 6 hours or so my sales and visitor numbers on itch have been ridiculous (we are talking ~30 times higher than normal), I could make a pretty handsome living on Galimulator if that rate kept up indefinitely.
PreviousNext

Return to Off topic