FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Questions for Snodd

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Some Guy

Post Sun May 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Questions for Snodd

This topic is for asking Snodd questions. I'll start off.
Have you done any other games than Galimulator?
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun May 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Questions for Snodd

Hey, cool thread :)

Some Guy wrote:Have you done any other games than Galimulator?

Growing up, I wrote tons of tiny games! Everything from snail racing to tower defense games (long before it was a genre :)).

But in the recent past no. I started making another mobile game called "Fleet Fight", but never finished it since Galimulator started to take off and I wanted to focus on that. Maybe I'll upload it somewhere and let you guys have fun with it :) (it has a soundtrack that I'm considering stealing for Galimulator).

I do work in software development, but I've never done any game development professionally.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Some Guy

Post Sun May 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:Hey, cool thread :)

Some Guy wrote:Have you done any other games than Galimulator?

Growing up, I wrote tons of tiny games! Everything from snail racing to tower defense games (long before it was a genre :)).

But in the recent past no. I started making another mobile game called "Fleet Fight", but never finished it since Galimulator started to take off and I wanted to focus on that. Maybe I'll upload it somewhere and let you guys have fun with it :) (it has a soundtrack that I'm considering stealing for Galimulator).

I do work in software development, but I've never done any game development professionally.

Oh, cool. You could possibly put those games you worked on onto gamejolt.com . A lot of people put their projects on there for people to see. Hmm, a soundtrack does sound nice, cause all the beeping is really ruining it for me.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Some Guy

Post Tue May 24, 2016 1:26 am

Ooo, Snodd, what is your favorite indie game? I kind of liked Minecraft, but it got terrible without mods. Also, you said you work in software development? What kind of software?
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed May 25, 2016 8:22 am

Some Guy wrote:Ooo, Snodd, what is your favorite indie game? I kind of liked Minecraft, but it got terrible without mods. Also, you said you work in software development? What kind of software?

Well like I wrote in some other thread, I don't actually play a lot of games, I prefer to write them :) But I used to play FTL a lot, and also Teleglitch "Die More" - damn that last one is really hard! :)

As for what kind of software I work with, it's nothing spectacularly interesting, I won't bore you with it.
<<

Some Guy

Post Wed May 25, 2016 11:28 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:
Some Guy wrote:Ooo, Snodd, what is your favorite indie game? I kind of liked Minecraft, but it got terrible without mods. Also, you said you work in software development? What kind of software?

Well like I wrote in some other thread, I don't actually play a lot of games, I prefer to write them :) But I used to play FTL a lot, and also Teleglitch "Die More" - damn that last one is really hard! :)

As for what kind of software I work with, it's nothing spectacularly interesting, I won't bore you with it.

Yeah, software work is kind if boring but pays quite well. Also, I think i have over 200 hours in FTL, but only 1 win, and that was with the captains edition mod.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Some Guy

Post Sun May 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Alright, so lets say in about three to four years, you get that private island. Would you invite any of your beta testers to an Xmas party?

Also, if you had an empire, what would you name it and what type of government would it be?
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon May 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Some Guy wrote:Alright, so lets say in about three to four years, you get that private island. Would you invite any of your beta testers to an Xmas party?

Also, if you had an empire, what would you name it and what type of government would it be?

Ah yes, for the xmas party in 2 or 3 years in Galimuland, yes I would invite all the beta testers of course. I would expect them to bring lavish gifts though, be warned. I am still working on the guest list, but I expect most of the top posters in this forum would be invited too.

As for my empire, hmmm, the Terrified Groundskeepers of Galimuland? I expect it would it to be a ruthless meritocracy based on how much trash you collect from the beach after the xmas party. Every year we toss the least productive one in the ocean.
<<

Some Guy

Post Mon May 30, 2016 11:54 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:
Ah yes, for the xmas party in 2 or 3 years in Galimuland, yes I would invite all the beta testers of course. I would expect them to bring lavish gifts though, be warned. I am still working on the guest list, but I expect most of the top posters in this forum would be invited too.

As for my empire, hmmm, the Terrified Groundskeepers of Galimuland? I expect it would it to be a ruthless meritocracy based on how much trash you collect from the beach after the xmas party. Every year we toss the least productive one in the ocean.

Your empire would probably be overthrown by the workers and we would probably kill each other later. But if that doesn't happen, I think that out the 18 of us, me and ohio would be the last guys to be thrown off the island, I don't know about mice or Belg1um though. . Also, Galimuland is a very funny name.
The Best Emperor!
<<

BELG1UM

Post Tue May 31, 2016 7:39 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:

I think everyone will going to collect YOU before they feed to fishes...
Not Belgian
Next

Return to Off topic