FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I would like to introduce myself too!

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Koza

Post Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:33 pm

I would like to introduce myself too!

Hello from Poland! I love this game and appreciate your work. It is absolutely fabulous!

The game is extra fresh to me, especially on android. It introduces a different approach to hmm.. emperor games.

You may find some of MY PRIVATE thumbsup game features and suggestions below if you are interested.

- The world is not built around a player.
Like in life - you may have your chance to make a difference, but the world will do perfectly fine without your help. THIS makes user experience very tasteful and unique. Im happy to see, that this is your course.
- Nice mechancs + replayability of emperor mode.
Not perfect, but quite complex, random and suprising mechanics make every game different in some ways for now. This one is tough to maintain, but I think that balancing the gameplay and searching for solutions, which make every game different, is another key. IMO there is a lot of work to be done in here.
- Yes, the emperor mode.
This is obvious and fantastic way to participate and immerse into the fascinating world of your game. I think it is great, but A LOT more may be done here. IMO, the emperor mode would benefit greately from caring about it almost as much as of (and along with deepening more and more) the self-perpetuating world.
- I like simple but eye-pleasant graphics. The game runs even on older devices.

Particular features / changes I would like to see:
- Why do I have my extra super OP ship from the beginning, while other empires do not? Maybe they should. I would nerf the player-controlled ships.
- Allies do not heal me - I think they should.
- i cannot help allies to conquer anything - I think I should.
- Why won't you create procedurally generated maps? I mean I would love to play map that expands! So you start on a small map which evolves - empires build up and grow territories, lets say, colonize new planets while existing neutral ones are already colonized by some weird freaks. This would be great to add builder ships, emperor abilities to support this, connect it with wealth system, introduce ships which can connect planets and destroy connections permanently etc.
- even deeper gameplay.
- more of everything.
- even more unique each gameplay.
- more developers! For sure you will find fanatics eager to help!
- ships behavior and and increase of their impact on the gameplay.
- MORE ingame descriptions and explanation of the game details and systems as new players surely are very confused. Mobile wormhole disruptor or something like this is not clear IMO. What the wealth system does? What are benefits of conquering such stars? The present tutorial is not enought, even if you want players to discover stuff by themselves.

What I would not do:
- develop the game on other platforms while implementing more features, especially if you are a lone hero. I think it is good to do the best possible product and then ppl are going to seek for it and ask for other platforms support.
- marginalize the emperor mode. This mode is the heart of the gameplay and should be absolutely addicting.
- follow every idea that pops up - as mine :-)

I love your project and admire the effort put into it, especially if you are doing this alone. I hope you will develop the game furtherly and find lots of people with proper skills to help you. IMO a lot of things can be implemented into this game, which may lead to absolutely amazing and suprising gameplay experience. Great job!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:12 am

Re: I would like to introduce myself too!

Dzien Dobre! I have many colleagues in Poland that I talk to every day, still not very good at the language though :)

Thanks for the very kind words!

It's nice to hear from an Empire Mode user, I don't play it much myself but it is important to me, and actually I'd love to improve it. I don't have time to address all your points, though they've all been read and appreciated :)

- Allies do not heal me - I think they should.

Good idea - done!

- Why won't you create procedurally generated maps? I mean I would love to play map that expands! So you start on a small map which evolves - empires build up and grow territories, lets say, colonize new planets while existing neutral ones are already colonized by some weird freaks.

Hmmm, this is not trivial. The algorithm to create links between the stars is very complex, and can not be easily expanded in this way. What I would need to do is to create a brand new mechanism for expanding the galaxy. I will not do this short term, but thanks for the interesting idea :)

- even deeper gameplay.
- more of everything.
- even more unique each gameplay.

Go ahead and make suggestions :)
Of course as you probably understand I will not implement most of the suggestions, but I still like to get them ;(

- more developers! For sure you will find fanatics eager to help!

Not going to happen, I do enough project management at work, for this hobby I just want to code stuff, not manage a staff of developers :)

I love your project and admire the effort put into it, especially if you are doing this alone. I hope you will develop the game furtherly and find lots of people with proper skills to help you. IMO a lot of things can be implemented into this game, which may lead to absolutely amazing and suprising gameplay experience. Great job!

I agree that this game has the potential to be a commercial game even, though I will not drive for this to happen, as for me this is a hobby to have fun and actually do some coding, and even learn some things :) Anyway, we will see what the future holds.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Koza

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:06 am

Re: I would like to introduce myself too!

Great hobby, hope it will last for a looong time!

Then I will enjoy the progress as it is. When you like what you do and have a habit to do this periodically, then it has a lot of good potential.

If you don't mind, I'll leave sometimes a suggestion if it passes through my head.

So let's start from now :)

OK, some words about what I would love to experience.

- Why won't you create procedurally generated maps? I mean I would love to play map that expands! So you start on a small map which evolves - empires build up and grow territories, lets say, colonize new planets while existing neutral ones are already colonized by some weird freaks.

Hmmm, this is not trivial. The algorithm to create links between the stars is very complex, and can not be easily expanded in this way. What I would need to do is to create a brand new mechanism for expanding the galaxy. I will not do this short term, but thanks for the interesting idea :)

Maybe the mechanism should not be touched. You could let the maps create at start as for now, by selecting its shape and number of planets. That is very good.

Then you would only have to add a small probability of creating a new planet by a certain (probably big and wealthy) empire. To do this, the empire would have to have some special ships built, which are colonizers who can create a new planet with a single link. Maybe the empire should sacriffice some of its resources / wealth / tech points to create a planet or two? And maybe map expansion would become a main desire of each empire instead of / equal to reaching unimaginable hyperblissfulness or longterm domination in the galaxy?

Then we could add another rare ship type, which kills planet links if there are more than one and connects the dots in the other order. Let's say, the empires would like to change trade (wealth) ships flow using this way, separating their track from the always hot parts of the map to their own, most-developed areas.

Maybe some empires with this "loner but good at defense" trait would like to separate themselves from the main part of the galaxy, leaving just one or two links between them and the others, creating a colony.

I would also like to see ships / events that annihilate some planets entirely, let's say, leaving a hole in the galaxy.

Then maybe there could some monsters appear, which would desire to shape the galaxy in some way, eating the planet connections to create i.e. spiral shape (or something what resembles this shape) from the overall chaos.

All of the above points implemented would make the map shape unpredictible after some in-game time. I think these points are just single, separated tasks, which could be implemented individually, without touching the existing ingame map creation which happens at the start of the game.

Your work is great and IMO is on a good way to reach unimaginable hyperblissfullness or however you call this :) Surely I will keep track on your project.

Return to Off topic