Neglect, excuses, the works

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Neglect, excuses, the works

Hi guys!

I've been neglecting some of the forum stuff, and even some emails over the past week or so. Sorry for this, let me assure you I am still around, I care, and I'm implementing a lot of stuff. The prime explanation is a combination of real world things that happens during the holiday seasons, I've had some time off and been with my family, chilling out.

The second more mundane reason is that I got myself a new machine that I've now ad-hoc hooked up to my desk. And I actually hate it so profoundly that I am reluctant to do anything except the one thing I bought it for. But to use my regular machine, I need to plug over various cables to that one, so until I get myself a USB switch, I'll just neglect all of the optional duties, for now.

Anyway, what I've bought is a Mac Mini, and the only reason is to port Galimulator to iOS. And it ain't going so bad after just a couple of days effort:

http://imgur.com/a/wT7j9

I still didn't try it on a real device, but at least it kind of works on the simulator. Still some rough edges, to say the least:
* Saving doesn't work due to obfuscation of my serialization library (honestly! when does the hurting stop?!)
* Ads not yet implemented
* IAP:s not yet implemented
* Leaderboards etc also not implemented, but probably will not be
* No idea what the framerate will be like. <10 fps on the simulator on my Mac Mini doesn't say much.

So this is likely still some months away from release. But meanwhile there should be a new beta for Android and PC soon, with:

* Alliances (they totally change the political flow of the game, I have no idea what people will think about them)
* Fleets (not saying they are smart, but they are pretty cool)
* Heat Map mode (looks awesome in time lapse)
* Couple of new jobs and person specials
* A new space oddity / monster / galaxy restarter
* A new static defense station (a bit more boring than I had hoped, but hey)
* Lots more minor features and fixes ...

So a bunch of stuff coming up, no doubt with accompanying bugs and people who hate them, but there you go. At least I'm doing stuff and still having fun :)

Thanks for being a fun community and supporting me! Now back to trying to figure out keyboard shortcuts for OSX ... Which part of "Emacs mode" don't they understand?!
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Some Guy

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Neglect, excuses, the works

Great work as always Snodd! Alliances will be so cool
The Best Emperor!
<<

Optometrist_Prime

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:14 am

Haha love you for keeping us up to date snodd :D

Also whenabouts will the beta be for those of us in the stone age (on android devices :D )?
I'm not Belgian either
<<

WaffenSS

Location: The best or the worst third world county… Philippines

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 am

I think the alliance would shape the flow of the game

Also keep up the good work snodd
╰(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)━☆゚.*・。゚
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks guys! Yes alliances change everything. Things are much more stable as degenerating is not autodeath, since your neighbours are often friendly. But there are so many directions I can go with them that I'm not sure what will be best.

I'll try to get a beta out soon so you guys can help me tweak it :)

Waffen I'll try to hook you up with beta testing, I'm just a bit behind on everything :)
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army

Return to Off topic