Should we move to a subreddit

View results
<<

Optometrist_Prime

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Should we move to a subreddit?

This is copy pasted from /r/Galimulatordev

Here's my argument

I find that reddit offers a better platform for things like forums because of the sheer functionality of the website, rather than forumatic, people get notifications when they are replied to. Tagging people becomes easier, the public can more easily access this. It's easier to police (automod) and it's much easier to track conversations
Adittionally, reddit provides a much easier way to organize posts so that it doesn't get to cluttered
Quoting becomes much easier with the format of reddit, also you can directly reply to comments rather than quote them over at forumatic
Whaddya think snodd!

(Final decision goes to our Lord and Saviour, snoddas mannen!)
I just thought we could be diplomatic about it
I'm not Belgian either
<<

Some Guy

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Re: Should we move to a subreddit?

meh, i think in forumatic it's easier to organize posts. last time i checked, its just a wall of posts on a subreddit, no categories. plus, formatting and editing is a lot easier. Maybe something that looks more like this
The Best Emperor!
<<

Hereisyoursign

Post Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Some Guy wrote:meh, i think in forumatic it's easier to organize posts. last time i checked, its just a wall of posts on a subreddit, no categories. plus, formatting and editing is a lot easier. Maybe something that looks more like this

Exactly, plus I dont feel like making a reddit account and i feel like it might be less friendly to mobile users. If we were to do a new forum it shouldnt be reddit
You have a sign, you get a sign, everyone gets a sign!
<<

Optometrist_Prime

Post Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:50 pm

The forum has spoken
I'm not Belgian either
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:02 am

Sorry for not posting here Optometrist, busy and all that ...

I think reddit is not a bad idea for having some presence, but I don't think it's possible to do a full migration of the community on this board.

Given the still relatively small size of the community, I think it's wise at the moment to focus on one place, which needs to be here, and then in the long run I can expand my presence to reddit and start posting stuff there, and see who shows up.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army

Return to Off topic