FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

AAR (After-Action Reports) - Story time

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Optometrist_Prime

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:49 am

Re: AAR (After-Action Reports) - Story time

Snoddasmannen wrote:So some day I will probably do something about this, and I'll sure be inspired to do this more quickly if someone can show me a good example of a map file that they somehow were able to create by reverse engineering my map creation tool :)

So if I'm correct you have saved .BMP files for each map where the white is star regions and black is everything else

These sound like how Photoshop deals with masks, probably check that out and grab some ideas from there
I'm not Belgian either
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:40 pm

I was just trying to be cheeky :)

So the link I posted is for the software that converts .bmp files into Galimulator .bits files. You can replace the earth.bits and europe.bits files in the PC package with files you create on your own - to basically make your own galaxies.

So now the floor is open to people who want to wow me :)

Maybe I'll make an official map making contest ...
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 pm

<<

Rackham

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm kinda sad. Even when you give them 200 tech, keep everyone else at 1 and have infinite spawns to stop stagnating on neutral borders. AWBA still die off pretty fast.
<<

BELG1UM

Post Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:13 am

Galimulator becoming popular!
https://youtu.be/n-vxHxm_uV0
Not Belgian
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:28 pm

BELG1UM wrote:Galimulator becoming popular!

Yes! :) Spiffing Brit contacted me ~1 month ago about this and I implemented a lot of the features inspired by his other videos (e.g. earth map, even star regions). It's actually great exposure, lots more traffic than usual on the itch.io page for the PC game.
<<

Hereisyoursign

Post Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:34 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:
BELG1UM wrote:Galimulator becoming popular!

Yes! :) Spiffing Brit contacted me ~1 month ago about this and I implemented a lot of the features inspired by his other videos (e.g. earth map, even star regions). It's actually great exposure, lots more traffic than usual on the itch.io page for the PC game.

Spiffing brit contacted you? Im subbed to him, thats pretty cool dude, keep up the glorious work o snodd
You have a sign, you get a sign, everyone gets a sign!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:03 am

Test Test
<<

Hereisyoursign

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:08 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:Test Test

It feels great to be in a new forum, although its pretty close to forumatic. The only slight issue is that the buttons seem a bit small, but i love the new feel, by the way, when is the new beta update gonna come out? Cant wait.
You have a sign, you get a sign, everyone gets a sign!
<<

3vresbo

Post Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Aftering playing around with empire and sandbox my first serious effort at creating a new galaxy. In which i would pick a starting empire and try my best against the odds in a beginning galaxy. I picked 1000 stars, stretched spiral, and easy empire mode.
I picked an empire bright orange(would some ridiculous name im sure) and begain applying my strategy. I fell, or was close to before i quit in something like under 15 millenia.
However I did not feel defeated. I saw the empires sitting in the stretches of the spiral seemed to have been the most successful. I restarted this galaxy and waited for a name and color to my liking to begin utilizing the energy of their stars. My presence held, but some where into 30 millenia a strong foe begin impeding into my territory. Throughout this time table I had used several quest gifts unsure of a majority of their "regards".
By my luck one of these were a mothership, several others being dragons. Soom stress about the presence of a rather large dragon flying into my territory that through the use of my mothership was quicky regaining into my influence. Also at least the other five very large dragons and some elders. Dragon came in on my mothership which i assumed doomed until i see the motherships missiles crushing the size. He ran off, and than came back for a final meeting with my mothership (The Orange) to find its demise. I was excited! I thought my mothership would fall and soon after my empire.
Over a hundred millenia later my empire rules majority of the galaxy, including the areas highlighted brightest with wealth.
Here comes the fun part
I had been regularly reforming government for besides the obvious issue of a rioting society but also to reduce tech so i dont transcend before i claim all the stars (at one point i had got a gift of ignorance that reset everyones tech). However in the excitement of concentrating, along with the increased task list of my battle front growing, i was only concentrating on keeping my society from corruption. I get the popup that informs me my society has reached its tech level of nine and will soon transcend. I panicked and begain smashing the reform button.
Few stars, transcended but I succeeded in the stop of the dissapearing of ny empire from the galaxy. But now i notice within my influence small sections of stars forming a new government with me as the ancestor (none of which of the other empires have mine as their ancestor) and soon after transcending. The uprise of offspring empires seem to be much more common as well. So randomly every few seconds I get a burst of color(usually being closer to the color of the mother empire). I like to think whole groups of stars are yelling out "Wtf!! We would supposed to transcend" than break off and ascend immediately.
Overall my assumption coincides with me smashing the reform government and it breeding grounds to break off and start new empire the mechanics of them transcending through technology they recieving from their ancestors. Fun and decorative. Let you know if it continues as often as it is currently.
PreviousNext

Return to Game discussion