FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

AAR (After-Action Reports) - Story time

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:49 am

AAR (After-Action Reports) - Story time

Did something interesting happen in the simulator? Post about it here! I've seen lots of fun stuff myself that I'll share once I find some time to write it down :)
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

FireCat

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:01 am

Re: AAR (After-Action Reports) - Story time

One day I was playing galimulator. I played for a very long time and I had very many quests allowed, destroyed and in my pocket :D .But I don't much like lots of battles at the whole galaxy. So I used gift of madness to save my phone :D . Before I did all empires were at level 4. So the galaxy started to reborn. But when all was over I looked to the table. The best of all was an empire from old world! It survived! But then I used the second gift...
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:40 am

FireCat wrote:But when all was over I looked to the table. The best of all was an empire from old world! It survived! But then I used the second gift...

Wow, I wonder how that happened! There's typically no way to come back from an AWBA state. Actually maybe if you had a degeneration totem, maybe it would have been able to bring them back from madness to idleness :)
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:55 am

Playing an emperor game in a large spiral galaxy, hanging out in my own little arm, trying to survive. I suddenly notice an ALL WILL BE ASHES outbreak in the core of the galaxy, and it's one of the big empires probably one tech level higher than me that's gone bananas.

Anyway I decide not to worry about that, just keep on fighting the border skirmishes with my usual friends, when suddenly a red wall of destruction flies through my front line, completely ignoring my flagship and the rest of my fleet. Well of course it's the ASHES guys who have come to visit. They proceed to conquer and burn about half of my empire, with only a shield artifact ultimately holding ground.

Of course the territory left behind was quickly conquered by some other random empire, leaving me basically dead in the water ... And of course corruption was also high, so things are not looking good for me (and the outbreak continues meanwhile).
<<

Some Guy

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:They proceed to conquer and burn about half of my empire, with only a shield artifact ultimately holding ground.

The shield always saves me when I'm about to get conquered.

Anyways, everything was all fine and good. I had the biggest empire of about 750 stars and tech level of 4, but suddenly a small empire with a tech level of 1 slowly consumed me in a matter of about I'd say 15 (ish?) millennia. I was so mad... But i did save about ten stars because a star in front had a shield. Managed to stay alive a lot longer then i should have
The Best Emperor!
<<

Some Guy

Post Sat May 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Alright, so I set up a huge galactic republic that had about 1000 stars and tech level 10. But all of a sudden, it started to degenerate. So I fixed it (using the empire mode exploit) and managed to take most of it back but i went down to tech level 9. And then one of the empires that split off of mine went all crazy and did the ALL_IS_ASHES thing. The bad thing about it was it was a tech level higher than my own! So it slowly consumed my Galactic republic (FTL style) and set up some sort of rebel dictatorship. I was very salty. But cured it and let the evil dictatorship stay. Lasted about 70 millennia.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Some Guy

Post Sat May 14, 2016 7:57 pm

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/1TUDTL1

I have a Dragon Infestation :cry:. Took out my fav empire within minutes... My empire started to riot a little while after i took this. I am very unlucky
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun May 15, 2016 4:36 am

Some Guy wrote:Alright, so I set up a huge galactic republic that had about 1000 stars and tech level 10. But all of a sudden, it started to degenerate. So I fixed it (using the empire mode exploit) and managed to take most of it back but i went down to tech level 9. And then one of the empires that split off of mine went all crazy and did the ALL_IS_ASHES thing. The bad thing about it was it was a tech level higher than my own! So it slowly consumed my Galactic republic (FTL style) and set up some sort of rebel dictatorship. I was very salty. But cured it and let the evil dictatorship stay. Lasted about 70 millennia.

Some rebellion, conquering stars and then burning them up :) But thanks for the AAR! In honor of it I am adding the adjective "Salty" which can henceforth be used by the random name generator.

Oh, and as for the Dragon problem, I have created a Hunter ship (another monster actually) that targets Dragons specifically. It can quite handily take down a fully grown Dragon. I'll see if I have time to make it in the next release.

Currently it's very hard to stop those Dragons once they are established.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun May 15, 2016 4:38 am

There was a thread started in the Dwarf Fortress forums on Galimulator. I dropped in to say hi, and my new hero "Skynet" posted this AAR / exploit:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.ph ... msg6997968
<<

Some Guy

Post Sun May 15, 2016 4:56 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:There was a thread started in the Dwarf Fortress forums on Galimulator. I dropped in to say hi, and my new hero "Skynet" posted this AAR / exploit:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.ph ... msg6997968

Lol, that was a nice AAR. I'm gonna try that soon. Also, the thing that interests me the most is why Galimulator on the Dwarf Fortress forums? Seems like one of the weirdest places to talk about that. Thanks for putting salty in the game. Lol
The Best Emperor!
Next

Return to Game discussion