FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

AAR (After-Action Reports) - Story time

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

bluetommy2

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:06 am

Re: AAR (After-Action Reports) - Story time

When I first downloaded this game, I was fascinated, my first game went alright, though I felt slightly disappointed, however, an occurrence in my second game led me to truly fall in love with it.

I don't recall the name of this empire, but I had a trait-less empire take control of the vast majority of the galaxy, controlling the entirety of the galaxy's western arms and the entirety of the center, the only threat to it was a militaristic defensive empire on the northwestern arm. Of course, as they eventually do, this empire degenerated and was torn to shreds by rebellions and the aforementioned def/mil empire. As I watched, truly saddened, the powerful red empire sputtered in its dying throes, I watched as an upstart yellow bastard took all of the glory and basically recreated the empire. I was just about to turn the game off when I noticed something in the event-bar.

(Empire) has signed PEACE with blabla

Holy shit.

They survived?

I quickly surveyed the galaxy, and yep, there they were, the bottom left corner of the map, two stars and one far to the north that was soon gobbled up. They had managed to flip back to expanding just before they were nommed up by one of ol' yellow's crippled adversaries.

And they weren't dying just yet.

Immediately, they took five more provinces out from under yellow's nose.

The empire had a tech of six

Yellow had a tech of five.

I watched, with unabated glee, as the original empire thoroughly trounced the yellows, conquering all of the territory back in a rampage of revenge that I imagined involved copious use of INTENSE SCREAMING!!!

A nearby empire went ALL_WILL_BE_ASHES

The red empire took their last province before they could blow it up.

Red empire then had the old def/mil empire merge with it, allowing it to hold the entirety of the galaxy except for two stars.

It was the most spectacular comeback I had ever seen in any game.

Even after they degenerated a second time, they managed to keep a hold on those same two provinces, turning to fortifying mode and holding off a much larger empire on the doorstep.

By their one-hundredth birthday, they had five stars.

Finally, an explosive empire burst out from under them and took all their shit, except for one star. They weren't going out on a loss, they were going out as fucking monsters. They bided their time until the bonuses ran out and then smashed through the empire, taking twelve stars. They then, seemingly satisfied with their final rampage, merged with the explosive guys, ending their 120 millenia-long reign of terror.

Then some guy went ALL_WILL_BE_ASHES and wiped out all the empires descended from ol' red.

I cried.
<<

Optometrist_Prime

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:36 pm

This... THIS is why I hang out here

Welcome to our little forum family :)
I'm not Belgian either
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Haha, yeah I love that stuff :) It often happens that game running, testing something and go do something else, then come back and check out the action for a while. Looking closely, I then discover some ancient empire with 5 stars, spread out over the galaxy. It makes me sad knowing I'll never know how they got there :( So many good stories I'm missing ... And I'm not doing anything artificial in the game to make this happen, that would be cheating :) It's the random number gods keeping those old legends alive.

Anyway, welcome here!
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

bluetommy2

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Yeah, it wasn't like the fact that the empire survived that surprised me, it was just the all out tenacity of it whenever it came out of degenerating. I actually thought the cycle would never end until the explosive guys seceded.

Thanks for welcoming me btw, I feel very welcomed. :D
<<

Z S

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm relatively new to this game (got it a day ago), and I was playing on the world map, and long story short my galaxy committed suicide. Also a few weird things I noticed.
How it happened (I can't remember the names):
Starting off the scientific empire based in Greenland (Jury of Greenland, forgot the adjective) started dominating, taking all of the Americas, Europe, and Northern Asia.
(side note: I noticed that most of the time the Americas are almost always united under one empire)
However before it could transcend it started degenerating, and another Greenland ate it from within, while a rebellion in Lativa took over Europe. Russia broke out into chaos, and I took over a small state of 3 stars in the eastern most part of Russia.I had no idea what I was doing, and essentially just sat there defending my territory until I realized I could use spies to make peace. While I was shut in the corner, Greenland's descendants went and exterminated every single other starting bloodline. Also at this time I noticed a Bolivia in Siberia (lol wat).

Fast forward 30 millennia: My nation still only had 3 stars, but was one of the oldest nations. unfortunately, Russia next to me (occupying Siberia and Central Asia) decided to go ALL_WILL_BE_ASHES and my run ended before I knew what was going on. Russia proceeded to then blow up the rest of the world repeatedly(It went all the way down to Africa and Australia, before going back north to finish off the poor newbies that just spawned - only a few fortifying old nations managed to hold a few stars), only being stopped in Greenland (Greenland again lol) by the super nation of Columbia which dominated the Americas.

While the world was recovering (survivors plus a few lucky new nations) Columbia.....well they decided to start a blood purge. The survivors of Russia's rampage had taken out most of the newbies( lvl 7+ tech vs lvl 1...) before Columbia ate them. In the end Columbia controlled ~90% of the world. They were about to transcend, but apparently decided that going to a higher dimension didn't suit them or something - they went ALL_WILL_BE_ASHES.
.........and thus the world was reset.
<<

The_Ghost

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Tale of the Australia Commission

Once upon a time, there was a galaxy known as Earth. Many empires were born in the first millennium, among them the Australia Commission. As its name suggests, the Australia Commission was one of several empires that originated in the star cluster of Australia. Right from the start, an empire known as the Squalid Quebec Ochlocracy dominated its local cluster and soon began to expand rapidly. Within a decamillenia it had conquered almost all of North America, Europe, and Asia. Only 3 major empires opposed it: the Peru Robocracy (controlling all of South America), the Nigeria something (it doesn't show up in the genealogy of empires so it must not have left any descendants, and for whatever reason the histomap only allows me to go back to the 17th millennia) (controlling most of Africa), and the Australia Commission (which had conquered all of Australia and some of Southeast Asia by this point).

By the time the Squalid Quebec Ochlocracy reached more than 600 stars, it started degenerating, giving rise to many new empires. The Quebec Ochlocracy soon withered away to less than 10 stars, making a few small comeback but eventually being conquered just short of its 20th millennia anniversary. By this time, the Australia Commission was having troubles of its own. One of the new empires that Quebec left behind, the Boundless Axis of Bhutan, was dominating in Southeast Asia and had pushed the Australia Commission back into its home territories. Even there, several new empires were forming in Australia. Suddenly, in the 20th millennia, Bhutan began degenerating and quickly faded into oblivion. The sudden demise of Bhutan boosted several nearby empires, including the Australia Commission.

Just then, the Australia Commission switched from fortifying to expanding and with that rapidly outpaced its neighbors. By its peak in the 34th millennia, the Australia Commission controlled all of Asia and the Baltic nations. The only empires blocking it were the Mighty Partnership of Greenland in... Greenland and the Romania Technocracy in Europe and Africa. After several millenia without progress during which it lost much of its home continent of Australia to upstart empires, the Australia Commission returned to fortifying. From there, the Australia Commission has steadily lost territory to empires both new and old. By the 47th millennia, the Australia Commission was left only with a small strip of land in Australia and medium-sized chunks in Asia. Then, one of the upstart empires, the Potency of Russia, began expanding like crazy and took most of the remaining land the Australia Commission held in Asia, leaving it only several strips here and there. Thankfully, the Australia Commission had reconquered the Western half of Australia by this time, while another empire, the Joyous Australia Imperium, controls the western part of Australia and blockaded the Australia Commission from the Potency of Russia by controlling Southeast Asia.

Now, in the 63rd millennia, the Hive of Somalia has become ALL_WILL_BE_ASHES, easily tearing through and obliterating the Potency of Russia. Time will tell whether the Australia Commission will withstand this threat as well or whether it will finally fall like so many before it.
<<

Rackham

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:55 am

I was bored today and set out on the quest to get as realistic in this game as possible.

I generated a 1000 star stretched spiral and wiped every last star connection. Then, I spammed empires everywhere, singling a few out here and giving them cult specials.

Turns out mind control pods only target non-neutral empires if they don't have lanes(even those from an artifact, which I know for certain can take neutral stars). I imagine that if I left the game alone for long enough, the entire galaxy could have been conquered from the rebellion spawns.

Still pretty entertaining, though. Took 1 empire ~10 millenia to wipe out its 25-ish siblings.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Rackham wrote:I was bored today and set out on the quest to get as realistic in this game as possible.

I generated a 1000 star stretched spiral and wiped every last star connection. Then, I spammed empires everywhere, singling a few out here and giving them cult specials.

Turns out mind control pods only target non-neutral empires if they don't have lanes(even those from an artifact, which I know for certain can take neutral stars). I imagine that if I left the game alone for long enough, the entire galaxy could have been conquered from the rebellion spawns.

Still pretty entertaining, though. Took 1 empire ~10 millenia to wipe out its 25-ish siblings.

Haha, I wish you had filmed this, I'd love to see it :)
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
Previous

Return to Game discussion