Claims

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed May 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Claims

Hi guys,

As I'm manically implementing feature after feature in Dynasty mode, next one on the chopping block is Claims and some more interesting ways that the top position in empires is governed. Who gets to be the big dog when the big dog bites the dust?

Governments already have three modes for this:

• Hereditary - Must be in the family
  • Merit - Strictly meritocratic
  • Internal - Only for those already working in the organization

But I figure by default, there will be a more inbetweeny thing, where it may go to relatives - but it may also go to the level 4 guys already in the empire. So I've implemented a Claims system, here is a printf from the game right now, the Claimaints for the "Holy Coalition of Ouijin":

Code:
=== Claimants for Emperor ===
PARENT(30): Ovdart Socita
ELDEST_CHILD(100): Angensamm Socita
DIRECT_SUBORDINATE(15): Billa Socita
SIBLING(20): Tvartill Socita
SIBLING(20): Fangenvann Socita
DIRECT_SUBORDINATE(15): Indis Bessiousid

I additionally have claims for CHILD, COUSIN and UNCLE.

Now help me brainstorm about what to do with this. What cool things could happen with this setup? Will empires split up if Claimants are equally matched? How can it be visualized?

And yes, as of next version you will also be able to track the chidren of a given person. Though for memory reasons, there will be a limit to how deep this family tree will be.

Oh, and I'm sneaking in numerical stats for people too, so they will have stats for:

• Fertility (not sure if this will be visible)
  • Luck (this neither)
  • Intelligence
  • Administration
  • Diplomacy
  • Military

They will usually be in the 0-20 range (can be higher), of course being impacted by the specials.

I guess they should have an impact on the job performance, as well as the chance of getting a job (e.g. Empire jobs require Diplomacy, Planetary jobs require Administration, Ship jobs require Military and maybe Artifact jobs require Intelligence). Brainstorming welcomed here as well.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

ido66667

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Claims

Snoddasmannen wrote:Hi guys,

As I'm manically implementing feature after feature in Dynasty mode, next one on the chopping block is Claims and some more interesting ways that the top position in empires is governed. Who gets to be the big dog when the big dog bites the dust?

Governments already have three modes for this:

• Hereditary - Must be in the family
  • Merit - Strictly meritocratic
  • Internal - Only for those already working in the organization

But I figure by default, there will be a more inbetweeny thing, where it may go to relatives - but it may also go to the level 4 guys already in the empire. So I've implemented a Claims system, here is a printf from the game right now, the Claimaints for the "Holy Coalition of Ouijin":

Code:
=== Claimants for Emperor ===
PARENT(30): Ovdart Socita
ELDEST_CHILD(100): Angensamm Socita
DIRECT_SUBORDINATE(15): Billa Socita
SIBLING(20): Tvartill Socita
SIBLING(20): Fangenvann Socita
DIRECT_SUBORDINATE(15): Indis Bessiousid

I additionally have claims for CHILD, COUSIN and UNCLE.

Now help me brainstorm about what to do with this. What cool things could happen with this setup? Will empires split up if Claimants are equally matched? How can it be visualized?

And yes, as of next version you will also be able to track the chidren of a given person. Though for memory reasons, there will be a limit to how deep this family tree will be.

Oh, and I'm sneaking in numerical stats for people too, so they will have stats for:

• Fertility (not sure if this will be visible)
  • Luck (this neither)
  • Intelligence
  • Administration
  • Diplomacy
  • Military

They will usually be in the 0-20 range (can be higher), of course being impacted by the specials.

I guess they should have an impact on the job performance, as well as the chance of getting a job (e.g. Empire jobs require Diplomacy, Planetary jobs require Administration, Ship jobs require Military and maybe Artifact jobs require Intelligence). Brainstorming welcomed here as well.

A skill system would be awesome!
Speaking of claims, I think it be really cool if you can make empires split if there are equal plans. I suggest that you also make claiment empire wage a war to the death with each other, thus simulating civil war.
<<

Roman Empire

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:34 pm

As for what happens when to claimants are equally matched you could have the empires split and do a civil war to see who will win and become emperor.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Did you two guys just post the exact same suggestion? :o

Actually it's a good idea.

Claims in general are implement now and it's surprisingly addictive to just look at the Claimaints (and their aptitude score) for a given empire being updated every second. It goes from the prestigious faithful and skilled Minister being in the lead, to the upstart Son suddenly coming into play - rising in score as his prestige increases (using his family multiplier). But the Son moves to work as a minister elsewhere (and is too far away now to be considered) - and the Minister dies, so all that's left is that Moron Minister that somehow survived his way up to this rank - will he really be the next Emperor? Or will the second minister, the newly promoted Cousin win the chair?

It's surprsingly fun :)

It's a very clever idea to trigger some even when there are several candidates closely matched. It is not that common, it's usually quite clear who is going to win, so it would not disrupt the game too much.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army

Return to Game discussion