Officially soliciting suggestions for Government properties

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun May 07, 2017 5:43 am

Officially soliciting suggestions for Government properties

Hi guys!

I've updaed a json file with all of the governments in the game, according to the new format:

http://www.galimulator.com/governments.json

It is possible to list names of jobs (level 5 through 1), as well as a list of specials that would apply to all empires with this government (more may be added randomly).

What I would like to see from you guys is suggestions on entires for the currently "empty" governments (all except one, for demonstration purposes). So post your json entires here for those single empires, and we can discuss adding them in the game :)

Special notes:

You may specify multiple level 5 jobs, though I will not accept it unless there are very special reasons to. Currently, there are some places of code which assumes there is only 1 emperor, and for those purposes the FIRST LISTED ENTRY will count as emperor. Future features may use both, whatever they may be :)

I recommend around 5 jobs for each empire, but it's flexible.

I recommend no more than 2 specials, unless there's a damn good reason.

Feel free to recommend entirely new government forms as well, I will consider them, but I will be ruthless in accepting only those I like :)

Have fun!
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Some Guy

Post Sun May 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Officially soliciting suggestions for Government propert

How would Robocracies work? That seems pretty tricky since dynasties are only people but a Robocracy is led by robots
The Best Emperor!
<<

Optometrist_Prime

Post Mon May 08, 2017 2:05 am

Some Guy wrote:How would Robocracies work? That seems pretty tricky since dynasties are only people but a Robocracy is led by robots

Maybe "engineer, programmer, enforcer of robotic laws" (making sure robots don't get all trigger happy) etc
I'm not Belgian either
<<

Suber36g

Post Mon May 08, 2017 6:38 am

What about a proper famliy system, like parents and siblings, then we can use the system for secession.

Maybe we can have royal marriage and merging family (and probably have species of life forms too for special events and stuff like that, we also need parties and ideologies for proper republics too.

Maybe we could have religions and culture too?..... Is this too much?
If you can read this, you can read English. If you can't read it, you can't read English.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon May 08, 2017 7:18 am

Optometrist_Prime wrote:
Some Guy wrote:How would Robocracies work? That seems pretty tricky since dynasties are only people but a Robocracy is led by robots

Maybe "engineer, programmer, enforcer of robotic laws" (making sure robots don't get all trigger happy) etc

Interesting discussion actually, is a Robocracy a government entirely run by robots, or a country run mostly by robots but checked and balanced by humans? The latter is easy to fit in the game, but the former indeed as Some Guy points out leads to some interesting problems. Maybe cybernetic implants would allow the former Curator of a Lunar Monument to get a job as a level 3 "Adminstrative AI" in the Robocracy of Koromin ? :)
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon May 08, 2017 3:00 pm

Suber36g wrote:What about a proper famliy system, like parents and siblings, then we can use the system for secession.

Maybe we can have royal marriage and merging family (and probably have species of life forms too for special events and stuff like that, we also need parties and ideologies for proper republics too.

Maybe we could have religions and culture too?..... Is this too much?

Yeah that's a bit much!

But I was planning to do parenthood (at last a single parent), along with rulerships being passed along generations / within families.

Parties and ideologies will not happen yet.

But there will be something like Factions.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon May 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Since y'all are not giving me a lot of input, I've gone ahead and made some stuff myself, and updated the version online. It's actually a lot more fun seeing things like "Scribe" show up in the Family list :)

http://www.galimulator.com/governments.json

But yeah, I guess 8 down, 120 to go!
<<

Some Guy

Post Mon May 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Cant do text files right now but,

Junta
5: Grand Marshal
4: General, Admiral
3: Vice Admiral, Lieutenant General

Militant

Am I doing this right? Just came up with it on the spot.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Bounceback

Post Mon May 08, 2017 11:01 pm

A few new ones:
Pharaocracy (or pharaohate):
Level 5: Pharaoh
Level 4: Vizer
Level 3: High Priest
Level 2: Scribe, Scribe, Priest

Khanate:
Level 5: Great Khan
Level 4: Jarughachi (Chief Judge)
Level 3: Cherbi,Cherbi(Guard Captain)
Specials: Hoard
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Tue May 09, 2017 3:50 am

Yay, I just had my first non-merit based transfer of power, the late Legate Dljakakimi Oto of the Legion of Pror has handed over power to his trusty Tribune Darlo Litual (He's Frugal so he'll do fine). Legions use an "INTERNAL" promotion system which only hires for the top spot within the empire, as opposed to MERIT which is open to all, and of course HEREDITARY that is open only to family members of the previous ruler.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll reply later today!

EDIT: Poor Darlo kicked the bucket rather quickly, but as he had secured a Prefect position for his kinsman Noramaro rule of the Legion stayed in his family. Which was rather bad news as he quickly threw the Legion into a long degenerating period, ultimately holding on to a handful of stars and a weapons artifact, which they proceeded to blow up :( Luckily, his Charismatic and Chosen one kinsman Juran Litual took over, and secured peace and alliances with the neighbours.

Oh then some rude green empire came and conquered them all :(
Next

Return to Game discussion