FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How did you find this game?

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:54 am

Re: How did you find this game?

enden31 wrote:I personally found it out on the playstore in the apps reccomended for me. I usually download strategy/gestion games.

It's a mystery how that recommendation engine works, but seems to be very good for me since it have this many downloads with 0 marketing spent :)

Anyway, welcome to the forum!
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

froller

Post Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:09 am

Some dudes at freenode IRC gentoo chat channel were talking about cool android games. Someone mentioned galimulator and I just had to check it out because of the name :) Turned out it had a PC version too, that works on linux! Combine that with the awesome basic idea of galimulator and there was nothing left but find out where to put my credit card number :).

Edit. A Galimulator facebook page might be a good idea. I mean, you can only get so much publicity thru IRC these days ;). It would also make sharing this stuff easier to people who happen to have FB integrated to their lives, which so happens to include for one a lot of people I know who are into crpgs, simulations etc.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Good to see my IRC spam bot investments are finally paying off!

Yeah Facebook is probably a logical option, I'm just already communicating with fans on so many channels it's getting a bit fragmented! Good to know the IRC angle is working well without my help :)
<<

froller

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:33 pm

You could basically make the FB group just be there, maybe stick a few pictures (or better yet: VIDEO) and put up a message to come to forums. This could work for the itch.io discussion too. It's sort of silly to maintain two (or more) places for the communication, although understandable as itch.io customers (and you) might want to keep their itch related stuff there, and another reason might be that they don't want to create logins to several places. You just need to be strict and answer "TO THE FORUMS!" to every question =). Maybe answer here on the forums and post a link to the answer =).
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Yeah but how many people can be bothered to registered to a forum, of those facebook users? 20% maybe? I think those of us with content are simply stuck with interacting with users through multiple channels if we're going to want to reach our audience. *sigh* *dusts off and launches IRC client*
<<

froller

Post Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 am

Indeed that is somewhat a problem, but you started with the 20%, so let me retort with some extremely serious statistical math =). FB has about 2 billion users...if, say 0.1% of them find the Galimulator page, that'll be 20 000 000 users :) Then the 20% of that is 4 000 000 :) Is four million new users not enough for you snoddasmannen!? Heh, seriously though, FB is so muscular, even crumbs from there would be a crazy lot. And I don't think you even need a crazy lot. I think you should see this as a service: people deserve to know about Galimulator and you're being mean if you hide it!

Talking about exposure: is Galimulator in any of main linux distro repositories? I run Gentoo and seems we don't have it, but then again this is a much smaller distribution than Ubuntu etc. with also much more knowledgeable user base so installing it without the package manager isn't a problem really.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon May 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah I can't deny that an official facebook page may bring in more users, probably worth a lot more than this forum, as lovely as it is, don't get me wrong :)
<<

Alpha Invicta

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:29 am

Just found it by trying to search for Stellaris-esque games, fell in love at first sight.
"We seek no indemnities for ourselves, no material compensation for the sacrifices we shall freely make. We are but one of the champions of the rights of Mankind."
<<

firebudgy

Post Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:39 am

I was looking through my recommendations and found Galimulator, looked at the description and decided to try it out, and this game gave me a super entertaining way to kill time! Thanks for making it.
"You going to annihilate my space civilization like that? I'll just ANNIHILATE YOURS!"
<<

Napalm Sushi

Post Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:52 pm

From the Rock, Paper, Shotgun article a while back: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/1 ... simulator/
PreviousNext

Return to Game discussion