FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bug/Glitch reports

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

The Mice Empire

Post Wed May 04, 2016 2:23 am

Bug/Glitch reports

Post all your thrilling buggy and glitchy galimulator experience here and let snodd read/fix them! I don't want bug reports crowding the forum as threads
Cheese is a powerful thing... in your digestive system, of course
<<

Some Guy

Post Wed May 04, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Bug/Glitch reports

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/NX8I9mv

Lots of ships just flew away from the stars (or teleported, wasn't really paying attention)And then they started to come back! Very weird bug

Ugh. Had to redo this whole post. I'm very lazy...
Last edited by Some Guy on Wed May 04, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Best Emperor!
<<

The Ohio One

Post Wed May 04, 2016 3:03 am

i had a bug once where i was in emperor mode and i was in the create ship section of the menu. i clicked to disable the auto ship building, then after creating some ships for me, i set the location for the ships to come from in an empire that wasnt mine. Then i just spamed the dropship button and it created a whole bunch of drop ships for that empire. i havent been able to recreate it though (actullt i havent really tried yet)
<<

The Mice Empire

Post Wed May 04, 2016 3:06 am

I don't think that's a bug nor a glitch
<<

The Ohio One

Post Wed May 04, 2016 3:09 am

why would you be able to create ships for other empires . also i dont remember if i was at peace with them but i dont think i was
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed May 04, 2016 4:02 am

Some Guy wrote:http://m.imgur.com/gallery/NX8I9mv

Lots of ships just flew away from the stars (or teleported, wasn't really paying attention)And then they started to come back! Very weird bug

Again, this image has > 1000 views, I need to post more stuff to imgur :)

But what the heck is going on with this one ... Ships leave for quests sometimes, and then they would resurface like this. But drop ships ??? They have no reason to head out into outer space, and why are there so many?

Did they perhaps defect from an empire that transcended?
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed May 04, 2016 4:02 am

The Ohio One wrote:why would you be able to create ships for other empires . also i dont remember if i was at peace with them but i dont think i was

It's a bug. Admittedly it's kind of fun :) But I've still patched it so it will be gone in the next release.
<<

The Mice Empire

Post Wed May 04, 2016 4:06 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:
The Ohio One wrote:why would you be able to create ships for other empires . also i dont remember if i was at peace with them but i dont think i was

It's a bug. Admittedly it's kind of fun :) But I've still patched it so it will be gone in the next release.

It could be a hint of the alliance feature
<<

Some Guy

Post Wed May 04, 2016 11:15 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:

But what the heck is going on with this one ... Ships leave for quests sometimes, and then they would resurface like this. But drop ships ??? They have no reason to head out into outer space, and why are there so many?

It's very weird how this is getting so many views. Also no the empire transcended, well actually it tried to, but i made in degenerate to stop it then I used the ignorance gift. It has about almost every star under their control too. Also, when i try to move them, them spin around rapidly and they can't use their guns anymore. Also I see some mind control pods, which is the weirdest thing i saw. The strangest bug I've ever seen
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed May 04, 2016 8:29 pm

Some Guy wrote:
Snoddasmannen wrote:

It's very weird how this is getting so many views. Also no the empire transcended, well actually it tried to, but i made in degenerate to stop it then I used the ignorance gift. It has about almost every star under their control too. Also, when i try to move them, them spin around rapidly and they can't use their guns anymore. Also I see some mind control pods, which is the weirdest thing i saw. The strangest bug I've ever seen

Ah I see the problem. Yeah basically when empires start to transcend, I make all the ships dance around. Once the empire goes away, they either disappear with it, or defect and stop dancing.

The code is not ready for empires suddenly ABORTING their transcendence, and the ship crews aren't quite sure what to do.

So we aren't going to sublime into another dimension? You want us to stay around and fight these Dragons and file some paperwork? Nah man I think I'll just keep on dancing

(I've fixed it in the code now though, so it should be a bit harder to abort transcendence, neat trick though :))
Next

Return to Game discussion