FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What feature would you like to see next?

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu May 11, 2017 7:00 am

Re: What feature would you like to see next?

Orbotosh wrote:Populist trait for all those revolutionaries. They have weakened attack but are much less likely to have nations secede.

Oooh I like that :)

Snoddasmannen wrote:Governments are being implemented, remember the other thread you posted in yesterday? :roll:

Liking other governments of the same type is not a universal truth afaics. I wouldn't expect a jovial alliance of different Theocracies banding together to fight the evil secular menace in the galaxy :)

You're telling me Stellaris isn't realistic?

I wish I knew, my poor PC was barely able to play it :( Maybe I should use some Galimulator money to buy a new graphics card so I can conduct some more espionage ...
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Suber36g

Post Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:Here's a partial list of proposed features and my answers to those.

Alliances
BEING IMPLEMENTED: Finally happening
Some genetic traits passed down to children - aka Darwinism
ON THE LIST: Love this idea
Infectious diseases as Person specials, spreads to coworkers
ON THE LIST: Love this idea
Different government types, inflencing how decisions are made, political parties etc
TOO BIG FOR NOW: Honestly this sounds really cool, but it's a lot of work to implement, and ton to maintain. So for now, keep the ideas coming, but it's almost like a whole new game rather than a small addition to Gal.

Open topic! What would you like to see next in Galimulator?

More sandboxing features? Like:
  • Being able to change state of empires freely
  • Adding ships freely
  • Triggering disasters freely
New spaceships?
New monsters?
New artifacts?
New weapons?
Diplomatic systems improvements?
UI improvements?

Will you update this?
If you can read this, you can read English. If you can't read it, you can't read English.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu May 11, 2017 11:25 am

Updated!
<<

Koza

Post Thu May 11, 2017 4:03 pm

froller wrote:Koza, why do you need an upside down picture? That sounds sort of crazy :)

My tablet has a charging port on its bottom and Id like to charge it while playing :)
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Fri May 12, 2017 4:06 am

Koza wrote:
froller wrote:Koza, why do you need an upside down picture? That sounds sort of crazy :)

My tablet has a charging port on its bottom and Id like to charge it while playing :)

If this were easy I'd do it in a heartbeat, but there's a surprising amount of things to keep straight in your head to make it work, so not yet :( But I do want to add portrait mode some day, I will automatically add this then.
<<

Orbotosh

Post Fri May 12, 2017 5:24 am

A state where an empire is only capturing stars with higher wealth than its average.

Snoddasmannen wrote:
Orbotosh wrote:
Snoddasmannen wrote:Governments are being implemented, remember the other thread you posted in yesterday? :roll:

Liking other governments of the same type is not a universal truth afaics. I wouldn't expect a jovial alliance of different Theocracies banding together to fight the evil secular menace in the galaxy :)

You're telling me Stellaris isn't realistic?

I wish I knew, my poor PC was barely able to play it :( Maybe I should use some Galimulator money to buy a new graphics card so I can conduct some more espionage ...

You're not really missing out on anything after the latest updates.
<<

Suber36g

Post Wed May 17, 2017 4:04 am

Suber36g wrote:I got brand new ideas!

Idea 1: What about companies, they can effect the wealth, also they can be in more then one nation and can only die by either bankruptcy, disbanded by the government or being purchased by another company.
They can also have ranks: CEO, Employer and Employee. They can be own by the government or be independent. They are also different types of Companies: Technology, Restaurant, Miner, Carpenter, Manufacturer, Insurance, Food and more.
Companies can overlap each other if they are different types, example: A Technology company overlap 3 stars of 2 Manufacturing Companies.
But instead of expanding normally, they buy stars (they can't buy star that is Neutral and can lose stars from neutral conquering it.)
They also have logos and names and companies can be vassals or puppets of other companies and companies can gain independence.

Idea 2: Vassals and Puppet States, they are sort of independent but have the same ruler as their's owner, they can can't declare wars or make peace, the owner can change borders and government.
Their name will change to depending to the civilian of it's owner, example: the Empire of Stania control a vassal called Stanian Nasaland.
They can gain independence either paying peacefully or declaring war when they get 100% Tension between it's owner.

Idea 3: Overlaying names, in bunch of paradox interactive games, their nation's name overlap the nation, so maybe we can have too.
Nation's names overlap the empire/republic in the Political, wealth and Diplomacy map modes.
Dynasties overlap in the Dynasty map mode.
First branches names overlap it's successor country in the bloodline map mode and more.

Written by you Air Conditioner (Air Conditioner are better then fans), Suber36g.

Can we revisit old ideas since we're adding governments?

Can we also be allowed to disable ALL_WILL_BE_ASHES in sandbox mode please?
If you can read this, you can read English. If you can't read it, you can't read English.
<<

Koza

Post Sun May 21, 2017 8:59 pm

HI. Most suggestions for conqueror mode.

1. You may now steal tech from your allies in conqueror mode - IMO should not be possible or may have consequences, i.e. removal from alliance / war declaration from former allies.
2. I think there shouild be a possibility to leave alliance for some reason, also an option for the player.
3. IMO there should be some sort of degradation in power of the empire if it is separated lets say for two separate pieces. An empire in one piece should be stronger than the one of the same number of stars but divided.
4. Free spies automatically when they reach an executable goal - when they success in inciting riots, allyng, stealing tech points up to target's level.
5. Indicate how many spies are left without clicking on the menu.
6. Ghosts are being healed by repairing ships and persons - IMO they shall regenerate themselves and not to be healed by repairing ships.
7. Let CPU empires use inciting riots and stealing tech points if the function is not present now.
8. Reforming time could rely on the initial size of the empire, not times of attempts.
9. Some easier indication of emperors' highest levels would be useful - you would know when and where to send spies to steal tech.
10. I pushed FN and F9 buttons to dim my laptop, and it probably triggered some kind of super speed mode for the game. Can yuo explain how exactly to eable and disable it?

Cheers.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed May 24, 2017 3:43 am

Thanks for the suggestions Kozu! I don't have time to reply one by one right now, but I've read them all :)

Koza wrote:8. Reforming time could rely on the initial size of the empire, not times of attempts.

The point of this is to make the game more and more challenging, so that the player eventually loses.
<<

Koza

Post Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 pm

The point of this is to make the game more and more challenging, so that the player eventually loses.

Yes, but at the moment it's like an artificial gameplay time cap. When I play on epic mode, my game ends lets say on my lvl 4, because my degeneration lvl doesn't drop. I dont like transcending also, and have it disabled all the time.
Why not to let 5-6 dots live forever? There is plenty threat events - new empires rising out of nowhrere from your territory (this one is nice), all will be ashes, agressive conquerors, dragons wiping off ownership etc. Such events are nice, random and natural. I like conqueror mode very much, even if Koza Empire is not able to seize more than just some stars :-)

Another one.

Id like to see even more frequent rising of new empires on the ones territory, but their lvl could be random in range of 1 to x instead of always x like now, where x is lvl of the initial owner. Now just one empire with higer lvl makes a bunch of other ones with high lvl, which doesnt look naturally to me, also during rioting. Sometimers uprising forces don't have real chances of winning in the real world, but are being started and fight until death.

Another one.
Maybe there could also be some kind of morale system paralelly to corruption level to make the gameplay even less predictible?

Id also like to say, that the new system of ships' gathering is nice. Once, my high lvl player ship was pushed hard and killed by some gunboats and others. Then they camped on my spawnspot and killed me several times - that was great, love it. Of course it would be nice if there was some kind of penalty for dying (time to spawn?) and spawning on a random star instead of always on the same.

Idk why its so silent on this forum, the game is fabulous. Imo conqueror mode has a great potential. I prefer taking action to just watching growth, probably as most of statistical players from google play.

Of course you are the developer and you decide how it goes. Very nice so far. Idk how it has to look in the future, but Ill keep track on its development and enjoy the content.

Best
PreviousNext

Return to Game discussion