FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What feature would you like to see next?

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu May 25, 2017 4:29 am

Re: What feature would you like to see next?

Koza wrote:Yes, but at the moment it's like an artificial gameplay time cap. When I play on epic mode, my game ends lets say on my lvl 4, because my degeneration lvl doesn't drop. I dont like transcending also, and have it disabled all the time.
Why not to let 5-6 dots live forever? There is plenty threat events - new empires rising out of nowhrere from your territory (this one is nice), all will be ashes, agressive conquerors, dragons wiping off ownership etc. Such events are nice, random and natural. I like conqueror mode very much, even if Koza Empire is not able to seize more than just some stars

Ah, you are beginning to win me over now. It seems to me you are playing Emperor mode kind of like a sandbox too, rather than a strictly competitive game, I really like that in fact :)

Koza wrote:Id like to see even more frequent rising of new empires on the ones territory, but their lvl could be random in range of 1 to x instead of always x like now, where x is lvl of the initial owner. Now just one empire with higer lvl makes a bunch of other ones with high lvl, which doesnt look naturally to me, also during rioting. Sometimers uprising forces don't have real chances of winning in the real world, but are being started and fight until death.

OK I've changed this now, and will see how I like it. They will still tend towards being the same as the parent, but may be lower as well (triangular distribution if you care :)).

Koza wrote:Another one.
Maybe there could also be some kind of morale system paralelly to corruption level to make the gameplay even less predictible?

I've toyed with this idea, esp making it related to the emperor. But I want to do some more dynasty stuff first.

Koza wrote:Id also like to say, that the new system of ships' gathering is nice. Once, my high lvl player ship was pushed hard and killed by some gunboats and others. Then they camped on my spawnspot and killed me several times - that was great, love it. Of course it would be nice if there was some kind of penalty for dying (time to spawn?) and spawning on a random star instead of always on the same.

Yeah fleets are awesome :)

Koza wrote:Idk why its so silent on this forum, the game is fabulous. Imo conqueror mode has a great potential. I prefer taking action to just watching growth, probably as most of statistical players from google play.

Yeah seems like emperor mode is very popular, though I usually work on the things I find the most interesting, and right now that is Dynasty mode :) Maybe there will be some major updates to emperor mode in the future, especially given the rather neat though you had above of using emperor mode as a kind of playground, rather than a cut-throat game.

But it's also a very small game, compared to other games. There are not that many users, and like most communities, most people are content just to play the game and maybe read other people discuss it, so they are not active in the community. Which is fine with me, lurkers are also welcome :)

I'll see what the future will bring, I suspect I will be developing it for some time yet :)
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Koza

Post Thu May 25, 2017 5:40 pm

Ah, you are beginning to win me over now. It seems to me you are playing Emperor mode kind of like a sandbox too, rather than a strictly competitive game, I really like that in fact :)

Yes, for me this reforming issue is now a game killer. I have now just had to finish the game after I have reached 2nd lvl - top conquerors had 3rd (screenshot - unable to degenerate). I don't play it like sandbox. I like picking up a few-dotted empire and grow it, do best to survive and expand - this is hard and fun with lots of stars. I don't want to pick another empire every some degen cycles.

Dragons

Looks like that dragons prefer fighting anything to invade conquerors. Maybe there could be a slightly different solution. IMO dragons could be attracted to stars and not just wander around the galaxy and fight each other.

I think that dragons could have correlations with each other too. All the dragons could hate conquerors and be attracted to them, not to void space. Lets say there are male and female dragons, which could differ slightly in some aspects / abilities. Their correlations could look like this:

- male male - fight / ignore;
- female female - fight / ignore;
- male female - ignore / merge into one, random gender dragon of summed length, with randomly summed levels of both dragons + small chance to attract hunters team + small chance to spawn one, one-cell dragon.

A screenshot from my recent game:
<<

Roman Empire

Post Tue May 30, 2017 6:23 am

Communism as a government type. As in your trade ships will stay inside your territory only and if there are other communist empires your ships will move between them if they are at peace.
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Tue May 30, 2017 11:45 am

Roman Empire wrote:Communism as a government type. As in your trade ships will stay inside your territory only and if there are other communist empires your ships will move between them if they are at peace.

The problem is that trade ships are not owned by anyone, they travel freely, ignoring petty politics in a glorious free market utopia :)
<<

Orbotosh

Post Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:11 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:
Roman Empire wrote:Communism as a government type. As in your trade ships will stay inside your territory only and if there are other communist empires your ships will move between them if they are at peace.

The problem is that trade ships are not owned by anyone, they travel freely, ignoring petty politics in a glorious free market utopia :)

Inequality caused by trade ships are responsible for roughly eighty percent of all successful revolutions! Clearly they are are the dominant power.
<<

The Mice Empire

Post Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:07 am

Rebels from previous empires,

I am tired of my British Empire I have spent 1 minute on randomly merging with a lesser nation without any sign left from the empire to bring it back when it controlled a big chunk of a galaxy ( and screw creating a new British empire, it's just not the same)
Cheese is a powerful thing... in your digestive system, of course
<<

Harieiv

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 am

Make the person in a Transending Empire 'transcend' with it's empire! It was frustating when the last member of the family, being the transcending empire's Emperor, died instead of going to that utopic dimension. It's not death, isn't it? Not quite excatly...

Or maybe another point where in Sandbox mode you can make a member of a family take an important cargo in a ship or in an empire, would be nice :)
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Harieiv wrote:Make the person in a Transending Empire 'transcend' with it's empire! It was frustating when the last member of the family, being the transcending empire's Emperor, died instead of going to that utopic dimension. It's not death, isn't it? Not quite excatly...

Or maybe another point where in Sandbox mode you can make a member of a family take an important cargo in a ship or in an empire, would be nice :)

Important cargo, not sure I see where you're going with that :)

Admittedly it's a bit sad to see the emperor die, though you can imagine that maybe somebody had to stay behind to press the button, making sure the rest of them got there. The Emperor took one for the team.
<<

Christian1223

Post Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 am

I think an interesting idea could be some sort of resource added that empires could use to produce things like ships or structures. Empires with many resources could build bigger ships, possibly even multiple artifacts at a great cost. Love the game by the way.
<<

Koza

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:44 am

Silence. Nothing happens. I see why there is no crowds here. It's a nice hobby project but please don' t be supprised that you cannot cover costs of its development with sales or ads. Maybe it's a different vision but for me you are working mostly on functionalities irrelevant for an average player. Meeting needs and receiving feedback provides fuel for passionate development. Anyway thanks for current content. I haven't played it for weeks and i won't until something serious happens.
PreviousNext

Return to Game discussion