FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Ships (Suggestions)

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Some Guy

Post Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:15 pm

New Ships (Suggestions)

Post your suggestions for new ships here!

I'll start off with a ship that can steal other ships, kind of like a mind control pod but for ships. Any way to keep that balanced? Maybe slow capture and move speeds. But once the ship touches the other ship, there is no stopping it unless another ship attacks it.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:37 am

Re: New Ships (Suggestions)

This has been on my todo-list for some time, though I was envisioning a ship that would board other ships and capture them, rather than mind control them.

I do want there to be some chance of failure however, like for instance a 20% chance that the attacker will simply be blown up instead of succeeding.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Some Guy

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:19 pm

Seems like a good idea. Also, how about a healer ship? Fast speed, very low hitpoints, and slow heal speed. Maybe a 1% chance of ship blowing up?
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Yeah I had this precise idea with a healer ship :) Now that I have a healing ship and everything. But why would it blow up at random?
<<

Some Guy

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:But why would it blow up at random?

I don't know... Just a drunken thought of mine...
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun May 01, 2016 4:30 am

Man it feels good to have Empire mode out the door, so I can do some small fun things :) This morning I added the healer ship (I called it Maintenance ship). I gave it a slow laser gun as well so it wasn't quite so crappy.

And I added a new Space oddity! Probably the lamest one yet, but still, it's good to add some new content :)
<<

Some Guy

Post Sun May 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:Man it feels good to have Empire mode out the door, so I can do some small fun things :) This morning I added the healer ship (I called it Maintenance ship). I gave it a slow laser gun as well so it wasn't quite so crappy.

And I added a new Space oddity! Probably the lamest one yet, but still, it's good to add some new content :)

Nice job!
The Best Emperor!
<<

The Ohio One

Post Mon May 02, 2016 12:58 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:And I added a new Space oddity! Probably the lamest one yet, but still, it's good to add some new content :)

what kind of space oddity? :?:
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Mon May 02, 2016 9:25 am

Well it was start going supernova, which has a lot of potential but turned out just a bit boring :/

But this morning I added something much cooler: Worms, or maybe Dragons (I didn't decide yet what to call them) that are basically chains of circular blobs. The head meanders around, and the rear ones follow the one in front of it.

The one at the back eventually spawns a new one to go behind it (until the Worm is 8 segments long).

If you kill a middle blob, it splits into two worms.

If you kill the head, the one after it becomes the new head.

Oh, and they all shoot green missiles and take damage ignoring tech levels, so it doesn't matter which tech levels the humans have.

I'm trying to balance it now so it doesn't end up with worms taking over the whole galaxy. I have some fun ideas on how to end their reign of terror at least :)
<<

Some Guy

Post Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:Well it was start going supernova, which has a lot of potential but turned out just a bit boring :/

But this morning I added something much cooler: Worms, or maybe Dragons (I didn't decide yet what to call them) that are basically chains of circular blobs. The head meanders around, and the rear ones follow the one in front of it.

The one at the back eventually spawns a new one to go behind it (until the Worm is 8 segments long).

If you kill a middle blob, it splits into two worms.

If you kill the head, the one after it becomes the new head.

Oh, and they all shoot green missiles and take damage ignoring tech levels, so it doesn't matter which tech levels the humans have.

I'm trying to balance it now so it doesn't end up with worms taking over the whole galaxy. I have some fun ideas on how to end their reign of terror at least :)

Worms seems like a nice name. But most likely will take over the galaxy due to dumb ship AI
The Best Emperor!
Next

Return to Game discussion