FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Galimulator Roadmap

Moderator: Some Guy

<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Re: Galimulator Roadmap

I'll be damned if I can find the thread, but the idea is to make it less magic and more visual :) So maybe some blobs to indicate ground forces etc.
One man Galimulator developer and public relations army
<<

Hereisyoursign

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:I'll be damned if I can find the thread, but the idea is to make it less magic and more visual :) So maybe some blobs to indicate ground forces etc.

Why not just said blobs or really really small ship sprites kinda move across the star to the enemy, while the enemy would do the same it would look as if they were trading but maybe a small little explosion or two could help
You have a sign, you get a sign, everyone gets a sign!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Hereisyoursign wrote:
Snoddasmannen wrote:I'll be damned if I can find the thread, but the idea is to make it less magic and more visual :) So maybe some blobs to indicate ground forces etc.

Why not just said blobs or really really small ship sprites kinda move across the star to the enemy, while the enemy would do the same it would look as if they were trading but maybe a small little explosion or two could help

Yep I'm definitely thinking in those lanes! but my big concern is the performance hit and the long time it would take to expand. If the blobs were to simply show up at the target magically it would be less work for the CPU, and would allow faster expansion.
<<

Hereisyoursign

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:52 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:
Hereisyoursign wrote:

Yep I'm definitely thinking in those lanes! but my big concern is the performance hit and the long time it would take to expand. If the blobs were to simply show up at the target magically it would be less work for the CPU, and would allow faster expansion.

You know those missle sprites of course, why dont you make them really small and make it look as if the two stars are shooting at each other, and the sprite would be moving really really fast, not too fast but you can notice them, and there would only be a shot or two for like 10 seconds so it shouldnt be too taxing, maybe you could make it to where you can disable it
You have a sign, you get a sign, everyone gets a sign!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:53 am

Updated roadmap a tiny but, just to show off load and save game features :) For now I hope you will make to with 5 save slots + 1 autosave.
<<

Some Guy

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:10 pm

5 Save Slots? That seems a little generous.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:54 am

You think so? Well I can reduce it I guess :)
<<

Some Guy

Post Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:57 am

Snoddasmannen wrote:You think so? Well I can reduce it I guess :)

I don't know if you should reduce it. I do think that 3 is the usual number for save slots though.
The Best Emperor!
<<

Snoddasmannen

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:23 am

It's not any harder to implement with 3 or 5, my only concern is if it's too messy or something. But let's try it like this and see what you think.

Hopefully I can get a beta out later today!
<<

Some Guy

Post Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Snoddasmannen wrote:Hopefully I can get a beta out later today!

Great to hear!
The Best Emperor!
PreviousNext

Return to Game discussion